Please read the Terms and Conditions before applying (see bottom of the page)
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions, to their details being communicated to the Promoter’s representatives so that the Promoter or its representatives can contact the participant in connection with the Promotion (as necessary). Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Only open to residents in the UK and Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 25 or over, who are members/organisers/leaders of community orchards supported by or associated with Helping Britain Blossom.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Enter at www.helpingbritainblossom.co.uk. Complete your personal details on the entry form and tell us in around 200 words what brings your orchard to life and upload up to 4 photographs of your orchard in up to 3 of the categories listed below.
a. The Community in the Orchard – we want to see photos and hear stories that tell us what positive difference your orchard has made to the community, to an individual or to the group.
b. Nature in the Orchard – we want to hear how nature has been enhanced by your orchard and what you have done to promote more wildlife to your orchard.
c. Bright Ideas – show and tell us the projects or initiatives you have come up with for our orchard.
3. Entries must be made between 09:00 on 27 June 2017 and midnight on 00:00 on 18 August 2017. Your standard network rates will apply. Entries must be made personally. Limited to one entry per orchard.
4. There is one first prize of £1,000 for your orchard. There are two second prizes of £500 for your orchard. The prize must be used to purchase an item or items that benefit the community orchard. The money will be administered through The Orchard Project upon receipt of an invoice. If you group is not constituted, you can still apply, however it is the responsibility of the person who owns the bank account to which the funds are to transferred into to ensure that the money is used for the purposes as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The winners will be selected by a judging panel consisting of representatives from Heineken UK, The Orchard Project and two other judges not associated with these parties.
The winning entries will be chosen based on; how well they represent the category/s they have applied to, how well the narrative tells the story of the orchard and the community and offers good examples and how well the photographs enhance the story. We will visit your orchard within 12 months of you receiving the prize to see what you have spent the prize money on.
5. Winner will be contacted by telephone or email no later than 13 September 2017.
6. The winner’s name will be available on the website www.helpingbritainblossom.co.uk by 13th September 2017. By entering, the winner consents to such information being disclosed upon request.
7. There is no other equivalent to any prize in whole or in part. Prize is not transferable in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the prize if it is transferred.
8. The winners will be required to participate in all required publicity, including a presentation ceremony, venue and times to be confirmed, all travel expenses (and overnight accommodation if travelling back home after 9pm) will be paid for.
By entering the promotion, the entrant gives the Promoter an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display any filming or photography portraying the winner for the purposes of this promotion and for promoting Helping Britain Blossom in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. The winner and guest agree to waive any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of their content is theirs to assert.
9. The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
12. Entries must be made personally. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, incomplete, illegible or delayed entries, such entries will be void. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non receipt or the late receipt of entries due to network failure or for any associated costs to entrants. No entries submitted via any other means will be accepted. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the entry route. Any mechanical reproduction or automated entries is prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification.
13. By submitting your entry you are agreeing and confirming that:
15. We shall not be under any obligation to publish any of your material and reserve the right to withhold or take down any material at our sole discretion. All material submitted may be subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload any material and to remove any material already uploaded without giving reasons for the decision. The Promoter shall in particular refuse to upload any material for the following reasons:
a. promoting excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol
b. suggests endorsement by any celebrity
c. use of offensive, obscene, pornographic, abusive, false, misrepresenting, defamatory or malicious content
d. anyone acting in a dangerous or irresponsible manner
e. any indecent or inappropriate
f. inclusion of those under the age of 25
g. inclusion of other brands
h. the consumption of alcohol or the appearance of intoxication
i. inclusion of content to which someone else owns the copyright, without the requisite authorisations
j. posting advertisements or solicitations of business
k. breach of these terms and conditions
l. technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data). You must not misuse the website (including without limitation by hacking).
Promoter: Heineken UK Limited, 3-4 Broadway Park, EDINBURGH, EH12 9JZ
*An image upload or link to an image must be submitted
If you prefer to email us your entries, please contact us and we will send you an application form: HBBawards@theorchardproject.org.uk
What happens next?
Your photos and stories will be shared on social media via the Helping Britain Blossom website, twitter and Facebook, so that everyone gets to see the amazing work you are doing in your orchard.