New Year’s Resolution – Volunteer More!
With busy lives, it can be hard to find the time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you and your community. The right opportunity can help you find friends, support your community and learn new skills. Volunteering can also help protect your health and wellbeing.
Make volunteering your New Year’s resolution, whether it’s to volunteer for the first time or to use your previous experience to inspire others.
Just some of the benefits of volunteering:
- connects you to others – helping you make new friends and contacts
- increases your social, relationship and communication skills
- can be great for your health and wellbeing
- can increases self-confidence as well as helping to combat depression
- can advance your career through learning new skills
- can be lots of fun and bring fulfillment to your life
- And if you volunteer and support your local community orchard you could also have access to wonderful free fruit!
At Helping Britain Blossom – orchards are created and restored by amazing volunteers from the local community for the community – receiving expert training, advice and online support. And the great news is that there’s lots of fantastic opportunities to volunteer, why not check out www.do-it.org.uk for volunteering opportunities and www.projectdirt.com for more environmental and community projects across the UK!
Lets’ all get volunteering in 2015 and help Britain blossom!